Farhad Shahriari Nogorani
Associate Professor of corrosion and protection of materials
Jan. 2015-now, Department Chair, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Shiraz University of Technology. Sept. 2011 -now, Assistant Professor, Shiraz University of Technology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Corrosion and Protection of Materials Division.
Honors & Awards
2003, First Rank Student, M. Sc. degree, Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan. 2000, First Rank Entrant, Iran Cross-Country M. Sc. entrance exam for public universities, Materials Engineering major. 2000, First Rank Student, B. Sc. degree, Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan.
- 2009, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Materials Engineering, Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran.
- 2003, Master of Science (M. Sc.) in Materials Engineering - Materials selection and characterization, Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran.
- 2000, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Materials Engineering - Casting, Department of Materials Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran.
- 1996, Iranian National Mathematics and Physics Diploma (secondary school), Ayatollah Taleghani High School, Ahvaz, Iran.
- Thin Films
- Special Topics in High Temperature Alloys
- Advanced Surface Engineering
- Advanced Thermodynamics
- Advanced Kinetics
- Research Methodology
M. Sc. Students (as supervisor)
- N. Poursafar, Formation of segmentation cracks in plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings and Their influence on hot corrosion resistance of the coating, Sep. 2013.
- S. M. Bababdani, Formation of an aluminium-rich intermetallic layer on the surface of the CoNiCrAlY overlay coating by pack cementation method and the influence of this layer on the oxidation behaviour of the coating, Sep. 2013.
- S. Ajdari, Optimizing the microstructure of plasma sprayed tungsten coating on the molybdenum target of X-ray tubes, Sep. 2014.
- M. Safari, Formation and microstructural study of cerium oxide nanoparticles-doped diffusion aluminide coating on a nickel-base alloy, Sep. 2014.
- H. Zahedi, Formation and microstructural study of cerium-modified aluminide coating by aluminizing in a nano-ceria containing powder mixture, Sep. 2015.
- M. S. Zare Mohazabieh, Formation and microstructural evaluation of zirconium-modified aluminide coating by pack cementation in a nano zirconia-containing powder mixture, Feb. 2016.
- A. Ahmadi, Formation and microstructural evaluation of aluminide coatings on stainless steel at low temperature, Sep. 2016.
- M. Akbari, Study of the tribological behavior of coatings used on steel continuous casting copper mold, July 2017.
- M. Momeni, Application of aluminum ceramic coating on martensitic stainless steel blades of a gas turbine compressor and evaluation of its microstructure and corrosion behavior, Sep. 2017.
- H. Paknahad, Evaluation of the effective parameters on the surface morphology of aluminide coating, Sep. 2017.
- F. Fatemi, Formation and evaluation of hot corrosion behavior of aluminide coatings modified by La, Ce, Zr, or Y on a nickel alloy, Sep. 2018.
- F. Ebadi, Evaluation of the effect of yttrium on the formation of aluminide coating on a nickel alloy, Sep. 2018.
- H. Sheibani, Formation and study of hot corrosion behavior of NiAl-Cr-Y2O3 diffusion coatings, Sep. 2018.
High Temperature Coatings
- Diffusion Aluminide Coatings
- Reactive Element Effect
- Overaluminizing MCrAlY overlay coatings
- Refractory metal coatings
- Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBCs)
- Low Temperature Diffusion Aluminde Coatings
- Aluminum - Ceramic Coatings on Turbocompressor blades
- Microstructure development in nickel-based superalloys
- High temperature oxidation and hot corrosion of gas turbine materials and coatings
International Papers 1. F. Shahriari, F. Ashrafizadeh, A. Saatchi, "Formation and characterisation of NiAl-Ti coating on nickel-based superalloy B1900", Surface and Interface Analysis, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 378-383, 2009. 2. F. Shahriari, A. Saatchi, F. Ashrafizadeh, “Crevice Formation on the Surface of the Simple and Ti-modified Aluminide Coatings under a Fused Na2SO4 Salt Film”, Oxidation of Metals, Vol. 76, Numbers 1-2, pp. 57-65, 2011. 3. A. Azimi, F. Shahriari, F. Ashrafizadeh, M.R. Toroghinezhad, and J. Jamshidi, "The influence of major defects on the properties of continuous galvanized steel sheet", Advanced Materials Research Vol. 445, pp 661-666, 2012. 4. A. Azimi, F. Ashrafizadeh, M.R. Toroghinejad, F. Shahriari, "Metallurgical assessment of critical defects in continuous hot dip galvanized steel sheets", Surface and Coatings Technology, Volume 206, Issue 21, pp. 4376-4383, 2012. 5. A. Azimi, F. Ashrafizadeh, M.R. Toroghinejad, F. Shahriari, "Metallurgical analysis of pimples and their influence on the properties of hot dip galvanized steel sheet", Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 26, pp. 81-88, 2012. 6. F. Shahriari Nogorani, F. Ashrafizadeh, A. Saatchi, "Microstructural analysis and growth mechanism of single-step aluminum-titanium diffusion coatings on a nickel-based substrate", Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 210, pp. 97–102, 2012. 7. A. Azimi, F. Ashrafizadeh, M. R. Toroghinejad and F. Shahriari, "Metallurgical characterisation of wrinkle bands and their influence on properties of galvanised steel sheet", Ironmaking and Steelmaking, Vol. 40, No. 8, pp. 630-634, 2013. 8. Samira Mohseni Bababdani, Farhad Shahriari Nogorani, "Overaluminizing of a CoNiCrAlY Coating by Inward and Outward Diffusion Treatments, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Vol. 45 A, pp.2116-2122, 2014. 9. Mahdi Safari, Farhad Shahriari Nogorani, Formation mechanism of high activity aluminide coating on Ni-CeO2 coated Rene 80 alloy, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 329, pp. 218–223, 2017.