Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
Former Head of Planning and Development Office
Honors & Awards
Distinguished faculty member in industry contracts in Civil and Environmental Engineering Dep. (2006-2007)
Distinguished faculty member in industry contracts in Shiraz University of Technology in University-Industry Interaction Conference (2014-2015)
Ph.D. : Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2003.
M. Sc. : Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 1996.
B. Sc : Civil Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 1993.
Soil Structure Interaction
Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
Seismology and Earthquake Engineering
Multi-channel Surface Wave Method
Damage Detection Using Surface Wave Method
Soil Structure Interaction
- Hossein Rahnema, Sohrab Mirassi,"Studying Land Subsidence Phenomenon and its Effects on Rural Buildings around the City of Shiraz, Iran, Scientia Iranica, (2016) 23(3), 882-895
- Rahnema, S. Mohasseb, B. Javidsharifi, "2-D soil-structure interaction in time domain by the SBFEM
and two non-linear soil models"(2016) "Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering”88 , 152–1753.
- Makiabadi, M.H., Baghlani, A., Rahnema, H., and Hadianfard, M.A., (2013) "Optimal design of truss bridges using teaching-learning-based optimization algorithm" International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering. 3(3), 499-510.
- Baghlani, A., Makiabadi, M.H., and Rahnema (2013), "A New Accelerated Firefly Algorithm for Size Optimization of Truss Structures" Scientia Iranica, 20(6), 1612-1625.
- Hossein Rahnema, Sohrab Mirasi, Seismic study of land subsidence and Vulnerability of Rural Buildings by using geophysics methods, near Shiraz city (2013), International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences
- Hosein Rahnema, Mohammad Hosein Modarresi, Ali Lashkari, Mohammad Ali Hadianfard, Saeid Sedaghat, “Study of Properties of High Strength Concrete Reinforced with Industrial Waste Steel Fibers” Advanced Materials Research Vols. 341-342 (2012) pp 231-241
- Hossein Rahnema, Sohrab Mirasi,Seismic and Geotechnical Study of Land Subsidence and Vulnerability of Rural Buildings,International" Journal of Geosciences, 2012, 3, 878-884
- Lashkari, A., and Rahnema, H. (2011). Modeling of initial intense contraction in sand structure interfaces. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology (IJST), Transaction on Civil and Environmental Engineering. 35(C2), 263-269
- A. Hadianfard and H. Rahnema, “Effects of RHS face deformation on the rigidity of beam column connection” Steel & Composite Structures an international journal, Volume 10, Number 6, December 2010.
- Rahnema, A., Habibagahi, G. & Ghahramani, A. (2003). A new simple shear apparatus for testing unsaturated soils. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transaction B, Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 73-80.
- Hossein Rahnema, Sohrab Mirass, ( 2014),” Drought and Water Crisis in Plains of Iran: A Case Study of Marvdasht and Khanmirza Plains, Fars and Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province, Iran” International Bulletin of Water Resources & Development, (II)– No. (01)- SN. (04)- (Special Issue) Spring 2014 14th Article– P. 139- 154